Wednesday 3 March 2010

Sri Nanak Parkash - Post 019


Above is an image of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in a seated posture whilst a Gursikh waves a whist above his holy head.

Right first of all i must apologise to those people who follow this blog, since Bhai Jvala Singh has gone to India for vidya I have not got any more of the Sri Nanak Parkash in Gurmukhi so for the time being I will post the translations and hopefully when Bhai Jvala Singh is better he will able to assist me again.

The next stanza to be translated is stanza thirty two from the first adhyai of the Sri Nanak Parkash. In this Kavi Santokh Singh Ji mentions how Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji uprooted the Moghul Empire and shows great devotion to the Guru whilst humbly accepting his inferior position out of humility. The translation continues below;

ਕਬਿੱਤ ॥
ਸੁੰਦਰਤਾ ਸਾਲ ਕਰ ਕਰਭ ਬਿਸਾਲ ਕਰ ਕਰਿ ਮੱਤ ਚਾਲ ਤਰੁ ਤਰੁਕਨ ਤੋਰੀਆ ।
ਹਿੰਦ ਅਵਿਲੰਬ ਤਾਰੇ ਭਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਅੰਬੁ ਸਭਿ ਦੁਸ਼ਟਨ ਦੰਡ ਹਰਿ ਰੂਪ ਗੁਰ ਮੋਰੀਆ ।
ਕਿੰਕਰ ਉਤਾਰਿ ਪਾਰ ਦੀਜੀਏ ਦਿਦਾਰ ਨਿਜ ਲਾਗੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤਾਰ ਛੋਰੀ ਆਸ ਹੋਰੀਆ ।
ਪਰਯੋ ਦਰਬਾਰ ਸਭੈ ਥਾਂਵ ਨਿਰਧਾਰ ਕਰਿ ਮੋਖ ਕੇ ਉਦਾਰ ਤੁਮ ਨਮੋ ਕਰ ਜੋਰੀਆ ॥੩੨॥

Kabit – (With this stanza the last line is to be expounded first) O Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji I have searched and looked everywhere before coming into your court for your shelter. You are the granter of the gift of liberation and for this reason I fold my hands and pay my respects to you. O Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji you are the form of God who punishes the wicked, your manner is similar to an intoxicated elephant that walks in complete happiness. You arms are beautiful and long like the tusks of an elephant with which you have destroyed the root of the Moghul Empire. The Hindus have come into your shelter and due to this you have ferried them to safety over the worldly ocean. O Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji as my Guru you are the form of the Lord and punish those who are wicked and evil. O true king I am you devotee (slave) please assist me in crossing the worldly ocean and have mercy on me by granting me a glimpse of your divine form. O Sri Guru Gobind Singh J I am totally engrossed in the contemplation of your divine name. 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP