Thursday 20 May 2010

Gagar Cho Sagar - Part 02


Above is an image of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji with his companions.

Below is the second Shabad found in the Sri Nanak Parkash which was given as an updesh by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Mulla Khatri. The ithaasak translation is taken from a steek called Gagar Cho Sagar written by Sachkhand Vasi Mahant Surjit Singh Ji Sevapanthi. The shabad is below which can be found on Ang (limb/page) 721 of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

ਰਾਗੁ ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥ ਯਕ ਅਰਜ ਗੁਫਤਮ ਪੇਸਿ ਤੋ ਦਰ ਗੋਸ ਕੁਨ ਕਰਤਾਰ ॥ ਹਕਾ ਕਬੀਰ ਕਰੀਮ ਤੂ ਬੇਐਬ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰ ॥੧॥ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਮੁਕਾਮੇ ਫਾਨੀ ਤਹਕੀਕ ਦਿਲ ਦਾਨੀ ॥ ਮਮ ਸਰ ਮੂਇ ਅਜਰਾਈਲ ਗਿਰਫਤਹ ਦਿਲ ਹੇਚਿ ਨ ਦਾਨੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਜਨ ਪਿਸਰ ਪਦਰ ਬਿਰਾਦਰਾਂ ਕਸ ਨੇਸ ਦਸਤੰਗੀਰ ॥ ਆਖਿਰ ਬਿਅਫਤਮ ਕਸ ਨ ਦਾਰਦ ਚੂੰ ਸਵਦ ਤਕਬੀਰ ॥੨॥ ਸਬ ਰੋਜ ਗਸਤਮ ਦਰ ਹਵਾ ਕਰਦੇਮ ਬਦੀ ਖਿਆਲ ॥ ਗਾਹੇ ਨ ਨੇਕੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਦਮ ਮਮ ੲ‍ਂ‍ੀ ਚਿਨੀ ਅਹਵਾਲ ॥੩॥ ਬਦਬਖਤ ਹਮ ਚੁ ਬਖੀਲ ਗਾਫਿਲ ਬੇਨਜਰ ਬੇਬਾਕ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਬੁਗੋਯਦ ਜਨੁ ਤੁਰਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਚਾਕਰਾਂ ਪਾ ਖਾਕ ॥੪॥੧॥

ਰਾਗੁ ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥


This shabad is in the musical measure of Tilang uttered by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and is sung in the first metre (ghar).

ਯਕ ਅਰਜ ਗੁਫਤਮ ਪੇਸਿ ਤੋ ਦਰ ਗੋਸ ਕੁਨ ਕਰਤਾਰ ॥

O My Lord I am making a request in front of you. Please listen to my supplication.

ਹਕਾ ਕਬੀਰ ਕਰੀਮ ਤੂ ਬੇਐਬ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰ ॥੧॥

O God you are the granter of sustenance. You are true, merciful and the greatest of all. O Lord you are the one who is exempt of undesirable qualities but still what are you like? 1.

ਦੁਨੀਆ ਮੁਕਾਮੇ ਫਾਨੀ ਤਹਕੀਕ ਦਿਲ ਦਾਨੀ ॥
In my heart I have adopted one evaluation which is that this world is all destructible and false.

ਮਮ ਸਰ ਮੂਇ ਅਜਰਾਈਲ ਗਿਰਫਤਹ ਦਿਲ ਹੇਚਿ ਨ ਦਾਨੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I have not really understood anything within my heart. The angels of death have grabbed me by my hair but I have not realised and never though about my grave. 1. Pause.

ਜਨ ਪਿਸਰ ਪਦਰ ਬਿਰਾਦਰਾਂ ਕਸ ਨੇਸ ਦਸਤੰਗੀਰ ॥
O beloved in my final moments not my wife, my sons, my brother or my father will hold me by the hand.

ਆਖਿਰ ਬਿਅਫਤਮ ਕਸ ਨ ਦਾਰਦ ਚੂੰ ਸਵਦ ਤਕਬੀਰ ॥੨॥

When you are grabbed like a goat then in that moment there will be no one to assist you. Now tell me what your situation will be like at that moment? 2.

ਸਬ ਰੋਜ ਗਸਤਮ ਦਰ ਹਵਾ ਕਰਦੇਮ ਬਦੀ ਖਿਆਲ ॥

O true King, day and night I am trapped in a constant wave of my own thoughts.

ਗਾਹੇ ਨ ਨੇਕੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਦਮ ਮਮ ੲ‍ਂ‍ੀ ਚਿਨੀ ਅਹਵਾਲ ॥੩॥

O true King I have never performed any good actions or deeds. For this reason understand me to be like this; 3.

ਬਦਬਖਤ ਹਮ ਚੁ ਬਖੀਲ ਗਾਫਿਲ ਬੇਨਜਰ ਬੇਬਾਕ ॥
I am one with great misfortune, envious, blind and my mind is fearless. In my mind I never have any fear for you O Lord. There is no other insolent or ignorant being like me.

ਨਾਨਕ ਬੁਗੋਯਦ ਜਨੁ ਤੁਰਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਚਾਕਰਾਂ ਪਾ ਖਾਕ ॥੪॥੧॥

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is saying, I am making such a plea that I require the dust from the feet of your devotees or worshippers.4.1.

Through this discourse the Mulla was exalted and liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP